Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Evaluation

The class was just about like I thought it would be, as  advertised so to speak.  I was familiar with a lot of the "Apps" but had never used them myself, everything was new to me.  I can't say it should be required but I really think it is very valuable for teachers.  I'm not going to use everything but it was good exposure.

I found out I struggle a bit with technology but I can usually figure it out with a little time.  I'm also not  afraid to ask for help. 

Twitter I use constantly, mostly for sports but it is a great, fast way to keep up on information.  Animoto is a close second, I will be using the Animoto I made at my NYC/DC meeting.  I can see myself using a blog for class next year if even just to post weekly assignments.

Privacy issues bother me most with some of the stuff, I'm just not sure I want my information out there.

Sara Johnson who is young enough to be my daughter was helpful when she wasn't ridiculing me, kidding, kind of.  There was a generation gap.  Having other classmates from the same school was helpful as well.  I also liked having a lot of time in class to work.

Glogster, period!

Tie the students hands when you want them to stop and listen.  The only thing that bothered me was people talking with your were talking which wasn't your fault we are supposed to be adults.  Very enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you took the class. You must be a visionary: you are the only one to mention twitter as a favorite tool. From what I read, it is the up and coming tool for communication. Since 2.0 is about collaboration, it is good to collaborate on your learning. This class allows for that.

    I had a difficult time deciding how best to deal with attention-deficit issues. I hate to chastise adults, especially in the age of multi-tasking, but from several comments I received, it seems the distraction was impeding learning for several people. So, different approach next time. You'd think after 35 years I'd trust my instincts. The learning never ends!

    ReplyDelete