Monday, February 21, 2011

PLN/PLE

The parts of my PLN/PLE that were present before the class was definetly the DVD and United Streaming.  Geography is a highly visual class on some days, it is much easier to show them what part of the world is like than it is to explain it with words.  I still use the old stand by of books, maps and globes but not as much as I once did.  I rarely use a chalk board. 

When I first started teaching I used a lot of 16mm films and some old style frame by frame filmstrips which sometimes had cassette tapes.  Then it was the VCR, now  United Streaming has changed everything.  I still use an occasional VHS tape but for the most part I use a media cart with projector to share information form DVD's or United Streaming.

I'm not to the point where I use the computer lab for a lot of work mostly because its hard to get all my classes scheduled, which is understandable considering some classes have mandatory curriculum to cover so it doesn't leave much time.

I would say it's only a matter of time before the phone is a major player in the classroom and I welcome it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment